Thursday, 6 January 2011

What the bloody hell's been going on then

First of all Happy New Year everyone, you can all be sure that it is full of hope and potential.

So what the bloody hell has been going on? Well I'm about to say farewell to my childhood friends here in Nottingham then I'm going to go and plug myself back into all my gear / the matrix back in Edinburgh. This year the Masters really hots up and John Lee who has until now been hovering in the background takes over for PHP etc. Also the fellows here are launching a new MSc in Digital Animation (dun dun duuuuur) and I've been given an image credit which is nice as part of the promotion:

http://animationdigital.wordpress.com/picture-credits/

Outside of the Masters I've got an audio conference with a group of people in Houston, Texas about a mod for which I may become the lead designer (the mod leads confer on Sundays at 12 US central time, 6pm in Britain) otherwise I'll settle for environment designer (personal goal, put the Zeldarian Tri Force as an Easter Egg somewhere.)

I'm also still working on a film for the Caldecott Foundation and Pillory Barn which I received an update on today, as with a lot of these projects I've finally whittled it down to the most effective kernel: it's the story of a lost ball in the Big City and its recovery and the ball is the character.

Anyhow Happy New Year fellow artists, may the force be with you. Be Amazing!

Oh P.S: Alan and Phil, would it be possible to have access to some of the great tutorials that have subsequently become part of the CG Arts course as an Alumnus? I'd love to brush up on rigging in prep for the mod etc. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh also if anyone wants a 'thick soup' of a read as Phil might say may I recommend Slajov Zizek's (rock star of quasi-philosophy) 'For they know not what they do: enjoyment as a political factor' as it's essentially a magpies nest of eclectic info held together by an irrepressible will and rhetorical style.

    ReplyDelete