Received quite a briefing today in the large hall you can see here; lots of talk of networking, ambition, facilities and the role of postgraduates at Edinburgh etc. Also there was a particular 'shout out' to Design and Digital Media as a particularly interesting area of activity and development. There are many societies here and given that I am also working as a freelancer to support myself I think I'm going to limit myself to two: Tae Kwon Do (as a regular alternative to computing) and one of the societies to do with business and entrepreneurship etc. Many of the societies in the second category have frequent visits from representatives from big name companies etc which is very important to me as I've seen how good relationships with facilities such as enterprise links etc can land you jobs / can introduce you to fascinating people. Also apparently there is a 3D printer in the computing dept so I'll DEFINITELY be creating a few physical models for my desk via ZBrush.
EDIT:
Lady Gaga's Dress of Meat
Is it art? Is it a feminist gesture? Or is it just gratuitous stupidity? The more I stare at it the more certain I am that it at least has no value whatsoever on any level.

It's Hogwarts.
ReplyDeleteIt's official. Lady Gaga is a vacuous cipher - and the 'dress of meat' was just too stoopid.
hahaha, 'a vacuous cipher.' I love it.
ReplyDeleteSignposts to nowhere
ReplyDelete