Friday, 11 June 2010

Edinburgh / Pillory Barn





Well it's been 3 months since I joined the Pillory Barn team and I must say they are all lovely people who have been very supportive and encouraging regarding incorporating CG into the agency's portfolio. Now I face the dilemma of - *Do I go to Edinburgh or not?* A big factor is cost, it's incredibly expensive and I'm not sure how on Earth I'll pay for it. So far the strategy is to go hell for leather at the agency and maybe explore a few other options Denise Harmer has sent my way i.e. work for PB for 3 days a week then a second company for 2 days a week. Miranda at Pillory Barn has been particularly supportive and has suggested that if I go to Edinburgh they'd love to hear from me when I've finished about returning to the agency. Any which way, in the next 3 months I need to make / save as much money as possible otherwise I may have to pass up the opportunity and I'm loathe to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

In other news my graphic novel has become a serious use of my freetime and instead of just plunging into the writing I've got myself a pocket moleskine notebook and am steadily working through a pile of books ranging from Foucault to Sherlock Holmes to 'A Prelude to Mathematics' and am recording any fragment that's particularly interesting in a numbered list which I surprisingly find causes me to remember ideas I had months ago.

At the moment I'm back in Notts taking some well deserved R and R, hopefully a night out on the tiles tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment